Frequently asked questions about our products and services

Please click on each of the titles below for further information and guidance from our team of insurance experts.

  • If there is an insured event such as flood or fire at your work premises, buildings insurance will cover the costs of repairing the damage, helping you get back up and running.

  • Business Interruption is designed to cover your business against the loss of income that is the result of being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption, such as insured damage to property. This may be because of unforeseen circumstances such as a fire, flood or major theft that have left your business premises unusable. In case this happens to you, it’s important to consider how you would keep your business running in the interim, including how you would pay bills and maintain relationships with your clients and suppliers.

    Langton London offer a range of covers.

  • Contents inc Machinery, Stock Cover is essential for businesses that supply goods or rely on specific equipment to run their business.

    A seamstress would not be able to work without a sewing machine, a web designer would not be able to code without a computer and you may not be able to run your business without your trusty tablet.

    Meanwhile, there will be other more general items that you might rely on for your business, like your office furniture or your shop tills. Insure your business contents so that if they're damaged by an insured event, such as fire or theft, your business keeps going.

    If you sell goods, you'll want to insure your stock, whether that's raw materials or the finished article. If your goods are damaged or stolen, what have you got to sell? Our different cover options allow you to insure your business equipment and stock at your premises, when you're on the move, or both.

  • Digital technology has helped many business owners run their businesses more efficiently. However, it also opens you up to a host of cyber security threats. Cyber cover is particularly important for businesses that trade online or handle customer data.

    If you are the victim of online cyber crime, or a malicious hacking attempt, cyber cover will pay for the resulting costs to your business. It will cover compensation and defence costs resulting from a data breach or unintentional transmission of a virus. We also cover loss of income in the aftermath of a cyber-attack and the cost of investigating a ransom demand, but we will not pay the ransom demand itself. In addition, we can provide public relations and crisis management support, identity theft assistance and specialist advice to prevent viruses or hacking attacks after an incident.

  • Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement if you have employees. There are a couple of exceptions to this rule.

    We cover you for £10 million, as standard. This covers the legal and compensation costs you are required to pay if an employee gets injured or becomes ill because of the work they do for you. If you hire employees, you are legally required to take out at least £5 million in employers' liability insurance, but we cover you up to £10 million, as standard. To understand your legal responsibilities and what the exceptions are refer to the government website:


  • Provides protection against bodily injury and property damage losses arising out of some defect in the product. Responsibility for a product defect that causes injury may affect all sellers of the product who are in the distribution chain. Listed below are a few examples of parties that may be exposed to a product liability claim:

    • The product manufacturer, importer, or distributor;
    • A manufacturer of component parts;
    • A party that assembles or installs the product;
    • The wholesaler; and
    • The retail store that sold the product to the consume
    • Change of labelling

    Additionally we can offer cover for North America on request.

  • Professional indemnity is useful if your business offers a service or requires you to give advice to clients. If you make a professional error or give advice that is deemed negligent, you could be taken to court.

    Professional indemnity insurance covers any legal and compensation costs you are required to pay. Clients will often ask to see proof of professional indemnity insurance before agreeing to work with a new contractor.

  • Public liability covers you if you cause injury to a member of the public or accidentally damage someone’s property. An example of this could include a customer slipping on a wet floor in your shop or office and hurting themselves. This insurance also covers you if a customer or member of the public becomes ill or suffers an injury as a result of a product you have supplied. For example, if the heel snaps off a shoe someone has bought from you, causing them to fall over, or if a cupcake you sell at an event makes someone sick.

    If the people in question pursued legal action against you, public would cover the costs you are liable to pay.