Why are so many Individuals and Companies turning to Private Medical Insurance?
- From January 2009, the Government declared that no-one should wait more than 18 weeks from referral to treatment (RTT) in England unless it was clinically appropriate to wait longer. But that means clients could wait over three months or more to have an operation in some cases.
Private Medical Insurance helps your clients to get access to prompt, private treatment without needing to join waiting lists.
- According to the British Heart Foundation's Cardiovascular Disease Statistics 2014, over 569,000 people died from all causes of Cardiovascular diseases in the UK in 2014. That figure includes 73,680 deaths from Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) and 41,398 from strokes.
- There are up to 175,000 heart attacks in the UK each year. While heart attacks can be caused by congenital traits, it’s important to look after health and well being so that we reduce the risk of heart conditions.
- Surprisingly though, only around 30% of men and women eat the recommended 5-a-day portions of fruit and vegetables, and nearly a third of adults regularly exceed the government recommended levels of alcohol intake.
- 6 out of every 10 adults in England has raised cholesterol (above the 5mmol/l recommended limit), 1 in 4 adults in the UK are classified as being obese, and an estimated 1 in 17 people in the UK has diabetes.Private Healthcare will speed up the process of seeing a consultant.
- According to the Mental Health Foundation, mixed anxiety and depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain. Depression affects 1 in 5 older people, and women are more like to treated for a mental health problem than men. Around 10% of children have a mental health problem at any one time.
- Suicide rates show that British men are three times as likely to die by suicide than British women, and self-harm statistics show that the UK show one of the highest rates in Europe: 400 per 100,000. (Stress helpline is available to members over 16 only)
- In 2013/14 there were 77,593 reported non-fatal injuries to employees. Of these injuries, the most common kinds of accident involved slips or trips (28%), handling, lifting or carrying (24%), and being struck by moving objects (10%).With a Private Medical Insurance policy in place, you can be assured of receiving support from a provider that prioritises returning to health and getting back to work.